1. Protection of Financial Assets: Family offices and wealth managers deal with substantial financial assets and investments. Cybersecurity ensures that these assets are protected from theft, fraud, and unauthorized access. AI can aid in real-time threat detection, reducing the risk of financial losses.
7. Enhanced Efficiency: AI-powered tools can automate routine tasks such as data analysis, document processing, and client communication, freeing up professionals to focus on strategic decisions and personalized client service.
8. Fraud Prevention: AI can identify unusual or fraudulent activities by analyzing transaction data and behavioral patterns, reducing the risk of financial fraud within family offices.
9. Predictive Analytics: AI can provide insights into market trends, investment opportunities, and potential risks, helping wealth managers make data-driven decisions.
10. Adaptation to Evolving Threats: Cyber threats continually evolve. AI’s ability to adapt and learn from new data makes it a valuable asset in identifying and responding to emerging cybersecurity threats.
Family Wealth Report‘s Cybersecurity & AI Summit 2024 aims to empower family office professionals and wealth managers with the knowledge and tools needed to protect against cyber threats in an increasingly digital world.
Summit Key Highlights:
- Cybersecurity Insights: Gain valuable insights into the evolving threat landscape and strategies to protect financial assets and sensitive data.
- AI for Wealth Management: Discover how AI and machine learning are transforming wealth management and family office operations, enhancing decision-making, and optimizing investments.
- Expert Speakers: Engage with industry-leading experts, thought leaders, and practitioners who will share their experiences and expertise.
- Panel Discussions: Engaging panel discussions featuring experts discussing cybersecurity challenges, strategies, and regulatory compliance.
- Case Studies: Real-world case studies highlighting successful cybersecurity implementations and incident response strategies.
- Vendor Presentations: Leading cybersecurity companies will present their innovative products and services, providing insights into how they can bolster security measures.
- Physical Security Solutions: Explore cutting-edge technologies and practices to safeguard physical assets, properties, and private spaces.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with peers, potential partners, and solution providers during networking breaks and social events.
- Exhibition Zone: Explore a diverse range of security and AI products and services showcased by leading vendors.
12.00 pm Registration, Lunch & Networking
1.30 pm Keynote
1.45 pm Panel Discussion 1
2.30 pm Presentations/Tech Demos
3.45 pm Refreshments & Networking
4.15 pm Panel Discussion 2
4.55 pm Fireside Chat
5.15 pm Summit Close
Cocktail Reception with Networking
Date and Time
Date: Tuesday 4th June - 2024
Time: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
Address: 530 5th Ave, floor 9, New York, NY 10036, United States
Chris Wake is the Founder of Atypical, an early stage venture fund investing in plausible science fiction. He brings two decades of experience as an operator to his investing, including work […]
Chris Wake is the Founder of Atypical, an early stage venture fund investing in plausible science fiction. He brings two decades of experience as an operator to his investing, including work on both hardware and software in the fields of aerospace, AI, and cybersecurity. Chris was a co-author on Commercial Space Systems Security Guidelines, and he has advised and invested in a number of foundational security and AI ventures. For instance, he has invested in AI infrastructure, supercomputing, AI semiconductors, xIOT security, continuous authentication, trust infrastructure for payments, and search rebuilt for AI. Two noteworthy investments for the Summit audience include: BKLN and Norm, each of which serve major asset managers.
Vice President of Executive Services
Ben Barrontine spent 15 years in the military ranging from Infantry to Special Operations Intelligence with extensive experience in social engineering, digital exploitation, and cyber targeting with the DoD, SOF, […]
- Ben Barrontine spent 15 years in the military ranging from Infantry to Special Operations Intelligence with extensive experience in social engineering, digital exploitation, and cyber targeting with the DoD, SOF, and NSA before spending a year with NASA working with astronaut communicators and eventually moving over to help stand up 360 Privacy’s full suite of services.
Executive Director - Private Client
Lisa Gelles serves as Executive Director in the Private Client Group at Howard Insurance. In her role, Lisa sits at the helm of the firm’s family office practice, working closely […]
Lisa Gelles serves as Executive Director in the Private Client Group at Howard Insurance. In her role, Lisa sits at the helm of the firm’s family office practice, working closely with each family and their advisors to provide a consolidated approach to complex risk issues. Under her guidance, the team designs and implements sophisticated insurance portfolios. Lisa has extensive risk management and specialized insurance expertise surrounding high value collections and real estate on a national and international basis. Her attention to detail and the discretion with which she operates makes her sought after by families that appreciate privacy. Lisa brings over 20 years of experience across the insurance industry. She has held leadership positions at two prominent high-net-worth insurance companies. In addition, Lisa holds the Associate in Reinsurance (ARe) designation and spent over 6 years as a treaty reinsurance broker. Lisa is recognized as a Top Financial Advisor by Washingtonian Magazine.
Founder and CEO
Kate Norris is a recognized industry expert, having served hundreds of family offices and wealth advisory firms for over 25 years working on the broker, carrier, wealth advisory and consultancy […]
Kate Norris is a recognized industry expert, having served hundreds of family offices and wealth advisory firms for over 25 years working on the broker, carrier, wealth advisory and consultancy sides. Kate founded Atténuer Risk in 2021 and serves her clients as a fee-only risk and resiliency consultant. Kate maintains her insurance licensing and graduated from the University of Kansas. She serves on the Advisory Board of the Council for Insuring Private Clients & High Net-Worth Individuals and is a faculty member for the National Alliance–CPRM designation.
David Teten is a Venture Partner with Coolwater Capital, a GP stakes investor and accelerator for emerging VC managers. He is Founder of Versatile VC, backing early-stage companies which help investors generate alpha […]
David Teten is a Venture Partner with Coolwater Capital, a GP stakes investor and accelerator for emerging VC managers. He is Founder of Versatile VC, backing early-stage companies which help investors generate alpha and succeed. He is Chair of PEVCTech, a community of investors in private companies using technology and analytics to generate alpha. He was previously a Managing Partner with HOF Capital; Partner with ff Venture Capital; and Founder of Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of NY. He writes periodically at teten.com.
About our Sponsors
360 Privacy, a veteran founded, owned, and operated LLC based out of Nashville, TN, is comprised of members from the Special Operation Forces, Intelligence Community, and technology experts whose mission is to protect the digital identity, reputation, and security of high-profile executives, athletes, and high net worth families. By removing personally identifiable information from data brokers websites on the open web, conducting daily monitoring to prevent data repopulation, and securing personal technology infrastructure (routers, iPads, iPhones, smart thermostats, etc.), we keep our clients' information out of the hands of sophisticated threat actors and fraudsters.
Howard Insurance offers customized protection solutions designed for families and institutions with complex insurance needs. Our insurance portfolios work with and enhance the overall
wealth protection and preservation strategies of our clients. We understand insurance needs at each stage of a complex financial life. Our insurance solutions are rooted in experience over three generations of working alongside families and individuals who have built and preserved wealth. Leaders in private insurance advisory and risk management, we pair deep expertise with sincere attention to our clients' needs. To learn more, visit www.howard-insurance.com
Atténuer Risk provides risk and resiliency solutions that provide our clients the freedom to build and protect their legacy. We are a risk and resiliency consulting firm serving families of exceptional wealth, single family offices, multi-family offices and advisory firms. We combine innovative thinking with unrivaled industry experience to deliver indispensable, objective, client-aligned risk, and resiliency solutions to ensure our clients, their passions and legacies are safeguarded. We do not sell insurance; we present our clients with objective, customized solutions. Atténuer Risk offers many services such as Outsourced Risk Management, Broker Review and Selection, Resiliency Planning and more.
Atypical is an early-stage fund investing in plausible science fiction — literal and figurative moonshots. In February 2024, one of our companies put the world's first data center on the Moon. We invest across atoms, bits and cells, and we look for areas where technology has advanced to solve foundational problems. We will only invest where we can impact the outcome through more than just money, and partner with founders to turn technical breakthroughs into long- erm transformative businesses.
PEVCtech is a community for family offices, private equity funds, lenders, and VCs using technology and analytics to generate alpha.We share insights on technologies, data, and processes. We organize and co-sponsor events and collaboratively publish original research on best practices, including breakdowns of the tech stack of financial services firms. PEVCtech is a project of Versatile VC.
ProFundCom helps financial institutions raise and preserve AuM using digital marketing analytics. ProFundCom has been built using expertise and best practice from within the financial services industry. Our marketing analytics focus solely on the asset/investment management space and offer an integrated solution across all digital properties. We understand email/web traffic patterns of investment management clients and how you can leverage these behaviours.
The UHNW Institute was founded in 2019 to transform the wealth management industry to better serve ultra-high-net-worth families as they continue to evolve. As a nonprofit think tank and learning exchange, the UHNW Institute is elevating the wealth management industry to a new standard so that advisors and families can foster prosperous and meaningful relationships from one generation to the next. The UHNW Institute offers unbiased thought leadership, peer-to-peer collaboration, original content and programming, and more.
Versatile Venture Capital backs early-stage companies which help investors generate alpha and win. For example, we’re investors in alternative data, investment research, back-office tech, marketplaces for private companies, and salestech to help gather assets. We manage PEVCtech, a community for family offices, private equity funds, and VCs focused on using technology and analytics to make better investments in private companies. We also manage Founders’ Next Move, a community for founders researching their next move.
smartKYC’s AI software is used by banks to automate customer due diligence whether for remediation, onboarding, refresh or continuous monitoring; our technology drives faster, better, and more cost- effective KYC at every stage of the relationship – liberating human effort to focus on decision-making rather than laborious screening and research. smartKYC integrates all relevant KYC sources - external watchlists, media archives, open web search, private company data, internal blacklists and, like a human, it reads everything and extracts useful intelligence in the form of facts. smartKYC presents facts about risks like adverse media, but also provides insights into information like source of wealth, network risk and even ESG misdemeanours. Sophisticated hit scoring maximises relevance and minimises false positives. All of this is done at speed and at scale and, as such, straight through processing opportunities become obvious. In refresh or continuous monitoring mode, smartKYC watches only for net new risks as they emerge and never repeats what is already known.